4th Annual Santa’s Angels Christmas Tree Dress Fashion Show Fundraiser 2019
On Saturday, November 9th, Sandpiper Studios attended Santa’s Angels Christmas Tree Dress Fashion Show fundraiser at The Delta Hotel. We photographed each of 13 models wearing custom made Christmas dresses.
Krista Gaelyne started this fundraiser 4 years ago to help Santa’s Angels raise the funds to meet the growing needs of Charlottetown P.E.I.’s families. Santa’s Angels is a 100% volunteer driven organization that brings food and gifts to families on Christmas morning. This year SA will be going all across PEI so we need to raise more money to reach this goal.
I love seeing the unique creations that the designers bring each year to the runway. This is different from every other fundraiser, as we showcase these amazing dresses that you would not see anywhere else.
Let us know in the comment section what your favourite design is!
A note from the organizer, Krista:
I appreciate the many people that made this fundraiser possible:
1) The Delta Hotel for providing a perfect space for the event but also for donating to our silent auction.
2) Jay Scotland and Louise Martin from CBC (emcees for the last 3 years) as they have become as much a part of this event as the dresses.
3) The many designers that created unforgettable dresses as well as the models that come back each year to showcase them.
4) Pam Ross for helping me each year with dress designing (she designed a beautiful version of the Sugar Plum Fairy) as well as decorating.
5) Local businesses who generously offer donations each year for the silent auction.
6) Cat and Shania Macphail, who not only donated to the silent auction, but also made and modelled 3 beautiful dresses.
7) The many behind-the-scenes people that continuously give of their talent to help such a worthwhile cause.
“With this years show being on November 9th, I thought it was fitting to design a poppy dress as a unique way to say thank you to the many veterans for the freedom that we continue to enjoy today.”